fallibilist

"I may be wrong and you may be right, and by an effort, we may get nearer to the truth." (Karl Popper)

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

McCain tells it like it is

So why has my party, the party of small government, lately adopted the practices of our opponents who believe the bigger the government the better? I'm afraid it's because at times we value our incumbency more than our principles. We came to office to reduce the size of government. Lately, we have increased the size of government in order to stay in office. The editors of National Review have argued -- and I agree with them -- that unless Republicans curb government spending by reforming the budget process, we may lose our majorities in the House and Senate. I will go one step further and say that if Republicans do not reform our budget process, we will deserve to lose our majorities.

John McCain

1 Comments:

Anonymous Pádraig McAuliffe said...

Nice blog, I take it that McCain's rightward drift in the past couple of years alarms me more than you. This article is worth a read - http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/features/2006/0607.wolfe.html

Thu Jul 06, 01:10:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home